IMPULSES FOR PREVENTION AND THERAPY
"Medical EMS is whole-body electro-myo-stimulation with a medical device, under defined general conditions and under the guidance of an educated supervisor, with a focus on prevention and therapy."
The approach of using Medical EMS as a therapeutic tool has developed remarkable momentum in recent years, with plenty of scientific evidence available, in particular as an effective and time efficient way to treat chronic, non-specific back pain. Medical EMS is furthermore an appropriate option for elderly patients to improve their body composition and muscular strength & function (sarcopenia) and an attractive method to improve core stability amongst clients of all age groups.
Medical EMS with the miha bodytec II medical is a safe and meaningful form of therapeutic exercise. The simple handling of the equipment and the small space required for its implementation make it the perfect tool to add to your practice.
The miha bodytec II medical is a certified medical product (IEC 60601).
WHY IS MEDICAL EMS SO EFFECTIVE?
- Simultaneous activation of agonists and antagonists
Option to address 16 muscle groups, up to 9 of the major muscle groups, with individual settings for each muscle group
- Activates both superficial and deep muscles, with minimal impact on joints
- Stimulation of deep muscles like the multifidus, the transversus abdominis and the internal abdominal oblique muscle
- Target and strengthen weak, deep muscles to maintain posture and stabilize the lumbar spine
- Modulation of factors like the IGF-1 (Insulin-like growth factor 1), which promotes muscle protein synthesis, inhibits muscle protein breakdown and activates satellite cells
- Instant recruitment of type-II-muscle fibres
MEDICAL EMS: FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Back Pain
Maintaining or increasing muscle mass in different collectives, paying particular attention to age-induced muscle reduction
- Maintaining or increasing muscle function and strength in different collectives, paying particular attention to age-induced loss of function
- Prevention of and therapy for sarcopenia and sarcopenic obesity of older persons
- Therapy for chronic, non-specific back pain for middle-aged to elderly persons
- Re-educating muscles and relaxation of muscle spasms; Prevent, reduce or reverse muscle atrophy
- Suitable for functional training, static or dynamic exercises
- Can be applied from early stages of recovery
- The stimulation device (miha bodytec II medical) is fully mobile (i.e. for house calls or in hospitals)
WHY YOUR CLIENTS WILL LOVE MEDICAL EMS:
With an exercise time of usually 20 minutes per week, Medical EMS is a particularly appealing and motivating option for clients to improve their body composition with regards to muscular mass, strength and function (injury, age related loss or sarcopenia) and to counter osteoporosis. It is also an effective method to improve core stability and pelvic floor strength amongst clients of all age groups.
IMPULSES FOR PREVENTION AND THERAPY
Medical EMS is a highly effective, time efficient and joint friendly form of therapeutic exercise, which can be applied for prevention, rehabilitation and maintenance.
SCIENTIFIC STUDIES AND ARTICLES
The benefits of WB-EMS are constantly being reaffirmed by scientific research. Read some studies and related articles below:
- Treatment of Non-Specific Chronic Back Pain: Multimodal Treatment vs. WB-EMS
- Treatment of Non-Specific Chronic Low Back Pain: Recognized Back-Strengthening Exercise Training vs WB-EMS
- WB-EMS for Elderly Ladies at Risk for Sarcopenia
- WB-EMS for Senior Citizens
- WB-EMS for Professional Athletes
- Medical EMS-Training for Back Pain
- Physiotherapy at an Advanced Level
- Effects of WB-EMS on Knee Sensorimotor Characteristics